It’s time to add new pictures in your album to get likes and comments from social media. Same types of photos are no more interesting for your family and friends. So, do something thrilling, adventures and picturesque. If you are thinking of doing something unique, My suggestion is to go for a trek. Where to go? Simple! Go for Nag Tibba trek. The most easy to trek as well as to reach. Rather you can visit two more places other than trekking to fill your photo gallery. Worried about the season factor? You can go anytime within the year. Every season will provide some new look of the landscape. Are you ready to click new pictures? Let’s start.
First fill your photo gallery with lesser Himalaya mountain views from Dehradun. Then go to Mussoorie, the queen of hill stations. Visit nearby sites like Kempty falls, Lake, Ropeway etc. Do some shopping from Mall road and roam around to get selfies. Next day morning you can reach Pantwari village. On the way you will get to click pictures of countryside views. Have your breakfast at Pantwari. Contact your trek tour guide and start your trekking to base camp at Kathian. It is 6 hrs. Trek. On the way you can see the awesome view of colorful flowers. You will cross Goat village resort, well known for luxury. By the time of sunset you will reach Kathian. Don’t miss clicking pictures of the sun set. The day’s photo gallery ends with it. Take rest and select the photos to be uploaded on social media. Sleep well.
About the Trek
Next day, start early to get the pictures of sunrise. It is 14 kms. Trek to summit. On the way you will get the Nag Devta temple. The locals believe that Nag Tibba hill is home of Nag Devta. So, they worship Nag Devta to keep them safe from all evils and natural calamity. Steep climb starts after the temple. But after reaching the summit you will forget about your hard work and will be happy to see the surrounding view. You will get tired by clicking pictures. Endless spots are there to keep in your camera. You can view the Himalayan peaks and ranges of Bandarpoonch, Nanda Devi, Swargarohini, Black peak and Gangotri range. Spend an hour or few more you need to return back to base camp. From base camp you have to return on the same day at Pantwari village on the same trek route. By evening you will reach Pantwari. The day’s quota of pictures ends here.
You can stay at Pantwari. Guesthouses and homestays are available for tourists. Next day morning you can start for Dehradun. Hope you have captured a lot of pictures for your social media posts.
If you are visiting in summer, you will see the life in the mountain in its best way. But during winter you can enjoy bonfire, snowfall with hot chai.
Things to carry on the trek:
- During winter, you need to carry a good amount of woollen clothes. In summer you need the woollen clothes for night time and early morning trek. Cold waves can harm your health. So, precaution is required.
- During winter or monsoon, water resistant shoes are required.
- Carry a head torch for early morning trekking.
- Carry wet tissues or toilet papers.
- Carrying plastic bottles is prohibited due to pollution. So, it is better to carry reusable water bottles and plenty of water.
Things to remember:
- It is a weekend trek for a short period. Carrying only essentials will keep you light at the time of hiking steep trails.
- Do some work out for 15 – 20 days before the journey to keep yourself feet enough.
- Extra precaution required during winter trek due rustic weather fluctuation.
- For night stay at base camp, camping equipment has to be carried by trekkers.
- During the trek route there is no food stall or even a tea stall is available. So, trekkers carry their own food. If you are in a group, you can hire a cook and cooking essentials to accompany you. The local people do this for trekkers.
It is the safest trek. Camping at an altitude of 3025 meters under the clear night sky and sharing the landscape with stars will give you an unforgettable memory for life time. It adds more beauty with a bonfire beside the lake.
Start uploading the pictures and count the likes and comments. It must be 5 times more than before. If it is then say thank you to yourself. Because you are the person who showed the courage to do something unique.