Because the whole procedure linked to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) services is now performed online, the Universal Account Number (UAN) is crucial for EPF account holders.
With UAN, you may easily access your PF account services such as withdrawals, monitoring your EPF balance without the need of an employer, and applying for a PF loan. This article covers all you need to know about your activating UAN in PF online. The whole process is as easy as checking fd rates today.
UAN stands for Universal Account Number. Every employee who contributes to the EPF is granted a 12-digit universal account number or UAN. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) generates and distributes it, and the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, authenticates it. An employee’s UAN remains the same throughout his or her career, regardless of how many positions they have.
Login to the UAN: How can I use my UAN to activate and log in to the EPFO member portal?
You’ll need your Universal Account Number and PF member ID to activate UAN.
The steps to activate UAN on the EPFO portal are as follows:
Step 1: Go to the EPFO webpage and click on ‘For Employees’ on the dashboard under ‘Services.’
Step 2: In the services area, select ‘Member UAN/Online services.’ You will be sent to the UAN portal.
Step 3: Under vital links, click on ‘Activate UAN.’ Enter your UAN/member ID/PAN/Aadhaar number, as well as your name, DOB, mobile number, and email address (if available) and the captcha characters. To obtain an authorization PIN, click the ‘Get authorization PIN’ option. The PIN will be sent to your registered mobile phone number.
Step 4: Under the disclaimer checkbox, click ‘I Agree,’ then input the OTP you received on your phone number and click ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN.’
You will get a password to access your account after activating your UAN on your registered mobile number.
UAN’s features and advantages
- The UAN aids in the centralization of personnel data across the country.
- One of the most important uses of this unique number is that it relieves the EPF organization of the burden of employee verification from enterprises and employers.
- EPFO was able to extract the member’s bank account data and KYC without the involvement of the employers’ thanks to this account.
- EPFO can use it to keep track of an employee’s repeated employment changes.
- With the implementation of UAN, the number of untimely and early EPF withdrawals has decreased significantly.
Employee Benefits from UAN
- Every new PF account associated with new employment will be consolidated into a single unified account.
- With this number, it is easy to withdraw (totally or partially) PF online.
- Employees can use this unique account number to transfer their PF amount from one account to another.
- You may get a PF statement at any time (for visa purposes, loan security, and so on) by checking in with your member ID or UAN or by sending an SMS.
- If your UAN is already Aadhaar and KYC-verified, future employers will not need to confirm your profile.
- Employers are unable to access or withhold their employees’ PF funds thanks to UAN.
- It is easier for employees to ensure that their employer contributes to their PF account regularly.
Documents Required to create UAN
You’ll need the following documents to receive your Unique Account Number if you’ve recently started working for your first registered firm.
- Account number, IFSC code, and branch name are all required.
- Any photo-affixed and national identity cards, such as a driver’s license, passport, voter ID, Aadhaar, and SSLC Book are acceptable forms of identification.
- A recent utility bill in your name, a rental/lease agreement, a ration card, or any of the ID proofs listed above that includes your present residence.
- Your PAN card should be connected to your UAN.
- Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar is required since it is connected to a bank account and a cellphone number.
Since its establishment in 1952, EPFO has gone a long way. It has made several initiatives along the road, from providing social security to making EPF claim settlement more convenient, and UAN is one of them.
PF online has made our work easier, and all the PF-related tasks are completed within time which is taken to check the fd rates today.