Marble has been a beloved stone for centuries, adorning the most opulent palaces and grand estates. Its timeless beauty and durability make it the top choice for high-end homes and properties. From kitchen countertops to flooring, Marble adds an air of sophistication that few other materials can match. But what makes this rock so special? In this blog post, we’ll explore why homeowners, architects, and designers alike are turning to marble as their go-to material for luxury living spaces. Get ready to be captivated by the enchanting allure of marble!
What is Marble and its Origin?
Marble forms under conditions that are rare on Earth’s surface, but not unheard of. For example, the heat and pressure deep below Earth’s surface can turn rocks into metamorphic diamonds. However, the conditions necessary to form marble are not as extreme as those needed to create diamonds.
The most common type of marble is white or light-coloured with swirls of grey, green, or black. This type of marble is called “statuario marble” and has been used for centuries to make sculptures and ornamental objects.
Benefits of Using Marble in Home
When it comes to high-end homes and properties, marble is often the top choice for both indoor and outdoor applications. Here are some of the benefits of using marble in your home:
- Marble is a natural material that is highly durable and easy to care for.
- Marble is available in a wide range of colours and patterns, making it easy to find the perfect look for your home.
- Marble can be used in a variety of ways, including countertops, floors, showers, and more.
- Marble adds value to your home and can help you sell it for a higher price in the future.
Types of Marble Colors Available:-
There are many different types of marble, each with its own unique colour and properties. The most popular type of marble is makrana white marble, which is a pure white stone with a very fine grain. It is quarried in the Indian city of Makrana and has been used since the time of the Mughal Empire.
Other popular types of marble include:
• Golden Calacatta marble: A white stone with light grey patterns and golden veins running through it. It is quarried in India and is often used for high-end countertops and flooring.
• Black Marquino marble: A black marble with white veining. It is quarried in India and is frequently used in architecture and design.
• White Carrara marble: A white stone with black-grey veins running through it. It is quarried in Italy and is often used for high-end countertops and flooring.
Also Read:- Makrana Marble For Your Home
How to Care for Marble Flooring
As one of the most popular materials used in high-end homes and properties, marble is known for its luxurious appearance and durability. While it is a strong material, marble is also a soft stone that can be easily scratched or chipped if not cared for properly. Here are some tips on how to care for your marble flooring:
- Sweep or vacuum your floor regularly to remove dirt and debris.
- Use a pH-neutral cleaner specifically designed for marble when cleaning your floors. Avoid using harsh cleaners or chemicals as they can damage the surface of the marble.
- Polish your floors regularly to maintain their shine. You can use a commercial polish or make your own by mixing water and white vinegar.
- Repair any chips or scratches immediately to prevent further damage. Use a matching coloured filler or paint to touch up the area.
Cost of Installing Marble Flooring
Marble is a luxurious and classic choice for flooring that adds value and style to any home or property. While the initial cost of marble flooring can be higher than other materials, its beauty, durability, and easy maintenance make it a wise investment. Here is a breakdown of the costs associated with installing marble flooring:
-Material Costs: Marble slabs can range in price from Rs 55 to Rs 700 per square foot, depending on the quality and type of marble.
-Installation Costs: Professional installation of marble flooring can cost anywhere from Rs 20 to Rs 50 per square foot.
-Total Cost: The total cost of installing marble flooring, including materials and labour, can range from Rs 35 to Rs 60 per square foot.
Marble is a beautiful, timeless material that can add beauty and luxury to any home. From bathrooms and kitchens to living rooms and hallways, it offers superior quality that is unparalleled in other materials. Its durability ensures that your investments will remain intact for years to come, while its unique design adds elegance and sophistication to any space. Whether you are looking for something modern or traditional, marble has the potential to transform your home into an unforgettable masterpiece.